Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lucy

I have never connected more with the character of Lucy from the musical Jekyll & Hyde than I do right now.  An outcast, living in a world that doesn't seem to accept her.

A New Life




Someone Like You



I know, I only have six more months til I graduate and can get the hell out of Utah, but that six months seems like an eternity right now.  I don't belong here and I feel almost like life is passing me by while I finish my sentence in this hell-hole.  There are opportunities out there that probably won't be available to me in six months.  I really want to get out of here, but I also realize that I need to stick it through and just finish school.  I will be the first in my immediate family to graduate from a post-secondary school, and it means a lot for me to do be able to do that.

Ugh.  I don't mean this to be one of those I-want-you-to-feel-bad-for-me posts, cause, in all honesty, I am not mad, depressed, or angry over my situation.  I just kinda wish I had taken a different path in life that would have offered me more opportunities.  Oh well, I guess that is just a part of life and I must learn from my mistakes.

5 comments:

  1. Attitude is everything. And though it's probably not much comfort to you, there are lots of people who wish they could go back to where you are in life and re-set. Hang in there, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your degree is it worth it, and you're almost done! Trust me when I say that if you can survive the next few months, you have some seriously amazing stuff ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end is rapidly approaching, my friend! We'll soon be done with this place and free to roam the world on our own paths! I can't wait to be done! P.S. Jekyll and Hyde is a beautiful musical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted these exact same two songs a while back. They really are beautiful songs--applicable to so many situations.

    I feel ya on everything you said in this post. Good luck on the last 6 months of school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can do it :) i have faith...and that truly is some gorgeous music :) i love that show.

    ReplyDelete