Saturday, December 5, 2009

(Un)Divine Comedy

I went to Divine Comedy this evening with my friend from home. Overall, I thought the show was kinda lousy. Okay, DC, we all know that people at BYU get engaged and married way too quickly and young, but do you have to make that the focal point of every show that you do? While there is much about BYU and Mormon culture to make fun of, I wish Divine Comedy would do something more fresh and creative. I also feel kinda cheated at the end of some skits. Most end way too soon and they could have taken things further and made it even more funny.

Anyway, the unintentional (was it?) trans-gender joke of the night: In Pioneer Trek (DC's spoof on Star Trek), Spock is a lady, but when future-Spock comes into the fray, she (he) is played by a guy! "He's a She! She's a He! He's a She-She!" So, if I am to theorize correctly, Spock gets a sex-change and becomes a trans-gender man. Many say that they had to do this because they did not have any more female actresses, but that ruins my fun.

So, I don't think I will be going back to Divine Comedy anytime soon. Especially when there are more entertaining things to do on a Saturday night. Like watching this over and over:


I just love the Muppets! They make me smile when nothing else will. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. The muppets video was grand! My sister and I used to constantly quote Muppet Treasure Island. Still do, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a fan of Weezer? The Muppets are in their music video for "Keep Fishin'".

    ReplyDelete