Saturday, April 3, 2010

Quote of the Week - 4/3/2010

"It's not love to be static like the desert, nor is it love to roam the world like the wind. And it's not love to see everything from a distance, like [the sun] . . . . The world we live in will be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse. And that's where the power of love comes in. Because when we love, we always strive to become better than we are."

~~ from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (pp. 150-151)

At the recommendation of Jeremy, I began reading The Alchemist this week, and I love it! It is such a beautifully written story with such profound wisdom about life and each individual's "Personal Legend" or destiny. I haven't even finished it yet, but I am certain it will become one of my favorites. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always taking suggestions on what books to read next so ill have to put this in my queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might also enjoy Eleven Minutes, also by Paulo Coehlo. The best meditation on sex--its potential and its effects--I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete